Many of the tools we now use are from the first Schopp's Jewelry Shoppe, founded by Charles A. Schopp in 1899 on Grant Street in Buffalo, New York. In 1909 he opened in the Ellicott Square Building, at that time the largest office building in the United States. In 1922 the business was moved to Tonawanda, New York just north of Buffalo on the mighty Niagara River. Continued by his son Charles Jr. who ran the business from 1949 to 1967 and added many lines to the retail operation. Today Reg Medlicott Schopp, grandson of the founder, continues the tradition.