The Terrace at Delaware Park is located on the upper level of the Marcy Casino across from the Albright-Knox Art Gallery. The casino is situated between Hoyt Lake and the historic Rose Garden. Plans for Delaware Park were designed by renowned landscape architect, Frederick Law Olmsted in 1868. By 1874, Olmsted’s partner, Calver Vaux designed the original Boathouse where the Marcy Casino now sits. Due to popularity the boathouse was eventually enlarged, but sadly was destroyed by fire in 1899. The structure was rebuilt in time for the 1901 Pan-American Exposition that took place throughout Delaware Park. The current building was designed by Buffalo architect E.B. Green and was known as The Delaware Park Casino serving as a gathering place for residents of the city. Today it is the Marcy Casino, named in honor of the late Delaware District Councilman, William L. Marcy, Jr. who passed away in 1983.